Trump comes out swinging this week with tweeting that all transgender people will be banned from serving in the military. But what was the real reason behind this? It wasn’t about the military; it was about the border wall. Georgia campuses now have campus-carry of firearms, but it didn’t do one student any gun. Thieves stole his wallet…and his gun. HBO’s Season 7 of “Game of Thrones” is setting streaming records, again. The 3rd part of my 4 part interview with my friend, Sam Lewis. Remember the Million Dollar Homepage? It still works…sort of. Snopes needs money so they’re crowd funding – and fighting off an overzealous partner. Richard Dawkins was invited and then dis-invited to a live discussion at a radio station while the PC police say we can’t name our beer or our breweries certain names. And…did you know what a “Bro-Job” was? I didn’t. I found out. Hey, I did research – get your mind out of the gutter! 🙂
Musical Credits: [Whatdafunk, Rock Intro 4, Rock Steady, Bounce] by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license Artist: Audionautix
Support us at https://donovanshow.com/support
Checkout the 27 & Counting podcast where Donovan and his wife, Lea, discuss their 27+ years of marriage, raising 3 kids in the south and being a family that doesn’t have any one particular faith. http://27podcast.com
Special Guest: Samuel “Sam” Lewis.
- Inside Trump’s snap decision to ban transgender troops – POLITICO — A congressional fight over sex reassignment surgery threatened funding for his border wall.
- Georgia College Student Robbed of Gun 3.5 Weeks After State’s Campus-Carry Law Kicks In – The Trace — A reminder that a policy promoted as necessary for personal security can lead to public safety risks.
- ‘Game of Thrones’ premiere sent HBO NOW half a million downloads, 3x increase in revenue | TechCrunch — HBO’s “Game of Thrones” isn’t just a cultural phenomenon – it’s also a driving force for the company’s over-the-top service aimed at cord cutters, HBO NOW. According to new data from app store analytics firm App Annie, the HBO NOW streaming app was downloaded over 500,000 times in the first week following the Season 7 premiere. This translated into a massive increase in subscription revenue for the app, allowing it to snag the number three spot on the ‘Top Grossing’ chart across both iOS and Google Play.
- The Million Dollar Homepage is a Million Dollar Graveyard – Motherboard — In 2005, a British student named Alex Tew launched the The Million Dollar Homepage, where internet users could “own a piece of internet history” by buying individual pixels on a giant digital canvas for a buck apiece. A total of one million pixels were for sale and anyone could buy a minimum of a 10×10 pixel space on the site.
- Snopes seeks crowdfunding in ownership battle | TechCrunch — How many times have you heard some urban legend, chain letter or misleading bit of news repeated and immediately found a thorough, fact-based debunking on Snopes? Like every damn day for the last 20 years or so, right? Snopes was there for you when you were looking up fake news and cryptids — but it’s in trouble, and asking you to return the favor.
- Richard Dawkins Event Canceled Over Past Comments About Islam – The New York Times — A public radio station in Berkeley, Calif., said it canceled a live discussion and book signing with the evolutionary biologist and noted atheist Richard Dawkins because of his past comments criticizing Islam.
- Social Justice PC Police Is Now Targeting ‘Offensive’ Names Of Beers And Breweries – Chicks On The Right — Brewers Association has decreed that all craft beer producers cannot name their beers or breweries anything deemed offensive or sexist. And who gets to decide if the names are offensive and sexist, you may ask? The BA’s policy simply says “industry peers” will police the names of BA members
- It’s Just a Bro-Job. No Homo. | HuffPost — Part of the reason for this debate is the narrow box that American society and culture places on men and how they have sex. Any deviation from what is perceived as normal is what people tend to use as a means for judging a man’s sexual identity. This, however, hasn’t always been the case. It has been widely documented that ancient civilizations such as the Greeks and Romans were no strangers to male-on-male sex. Not only were gay relationships common, but so was sex between two straight men. Often times sex between men would be used as a way to gain political power, advance in society, or as a means to develop stronger bonds among warriors.
- Bro-Jobs Between Straight Men Are More Common Than You’d Think – The Frisky — Apparently “bro-jobs” – sexual experiences between (specifically white) men who identify as straight – are way more common than you’d think. Or, so says Dr. Jane Ward, whose written a book called Not Gay: Sex Between Straight White Men.