“The Activist Mommy” is pissed at Teen Vogue because the magazine attempts to teach her kids something she won’t — sex ed; do you read the EULA or the Terms & Service agreements when installing software, etc.? Most don’t and 22,000 people found themselves legally bound to do 1,000 hours of community service; if you’ve worn contacts before, then listen up — a woman went in for eye surgery and it was discovered that she had 27 contacts just hanging out in her eye (and she didn’t even know it!); we’re not quite ready for the robots to take over, especially since they can’t seem to stay out of the water; first it was a for-profit company that got a lot of tax breaks, then it was a non-profit ministry so it wouldn’t have to pay any taxes, now it’s a for-profit company that sold itself to a non-profit to, you guessed it, avoid paying taxes; crypto-currency – don’t understand it completely, but someone just got away with $7 million dollars of it and Pat Robertson…oh Pat, you just need to hang it up – he says going to college will turn you trans-gender and start believing in Satan’s theories like evolution and global warming.
Musical Credits: [Whatdafunk, Rock Intro 4, Rock Steady, Bounce] by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license Artist: Audionautix
Support us at https://donovanshow.com/support
Checkout the 27 & Counting podcast where Donovan and his wife, Lea, discuss their 27+ years of marriage, raising 3 kids in the south and being a family that doesn’t have any one particular faith. http://27podcast.com
Special Guest: Samuel “Sam” Lewis.
- This Christian Mother is Furious That Teen Vogue Has an Article About Anal Sex — Elizabeth Johnston, a homeschooling Christian mother of 10 who goes by the name “The Activist Mommy” online, is furious that Teen Vogue has an article in its June issue about how to have anal sex.
- 22,000 People Didn’t Read Their Wi-Fi T&Cs And Now They Have To Clean Toilets — Next time though you may be more careful as 22,000 people signed up to carry out 1,000 hours of community service in exchange for free Wi-Fi.
- Special Snowflake Claims Captain America Is Transgender Because He’s A Super Soldier – Chicks On The Right — First, Marvel Comics made him a Nazi (okay, a HYDRA agent. Same thing ultimately). Now Tumblrinas want to shoehorn Steve Rogers into another category where he doesn’t fit?
- Doctors Report Removing 27 Contact Lenses From A Woman’s Eye : The Two-Way : NPR — It wasn’t old age, or disease: A “bluish foreign body” that was found in an English woman’s eye turned out to be a mass of contact lenses, surprising medical staff who were preparing the woman, 65, for routine cataract surgery. They report pulling 27 lenses from the woman’s eye.
- Security guard robot ends it all by throwing itself into a watery grave | Ars Technica UK — The automation revolution, where most of our jobs are replaced by robots and we spend the rest of our days floating around on rubber rings sipping piña coladas, has hit a snag: a Knightscope K5 security bot appears to have fallen down some stairs and drowned itself in a water feature.
- Creationists Have Sold Ark Encounter. To Themselves. For $10. To Avoid Taxes. — If implemented, the city would charge Ark Encounter 50 cents per ticket to go towards things like fire trucks and police cars — all the things that make the city a safer place for residents and tourists. Using the estimate of 1.4 million visitors a year, this would amount to approximately $700,000 that Ark Encounter would owe the city annually.
- Hackers steal $7 million worth of Ether in 3 minutes — Shortly after going live, CoinDash’s July 17 Initial Coin Offering (ICO) was in serious trouble. The company, which allows for the trading of the popular cryptocurrency Ether (the “money unit” of the Ethereum platform), was all set for a big fundraising round with investors given the chance to invest in CoinDash with Ether. It’s a well-established practice similar to an IPO: Buy into a company now in exchange for tokens, which are in some sense analogous to stock, and hope to reap the rewards later.
- Pat Robertson Claims College Turns Men Into ‘Transgenders’ Who Believe in Evolution And Global Warming – Nova Magazine — 700 Club host Pat Robertson has come out in support of a poll that showed the majority of Republicans dislike colleges. A Pew research poll showed 58 percent of Republicans viewed college in a negative light.
- The Thinking Atheist – Podcasts – Seth Andrews Teaches Sunday School — No…these aren’t the stories you’re used to hearing at Sunday Sermon. These are stories that are often skipped over, ignored, or excused, lest they send Christians into a fit of head-scratching, guffaws and gasps. Let us explore The Good Book. (And if you can, share this episode with your Christian family and friends. They’ll love it!) Support our sponsor: http://www.thegreatcoursesplus.com/seth