The Johnson Amendment is very important. It keeps non-profits, especially Churches, from being political from the pulpit. But Trump has vowed to gut the amendment, even though there are many, including evangelicals, that do NOT want it repealed. We must not let this happen under any circumstances!
Microsoft wants to help get high speed Internet to more of rural America, with 12 projects in 12 states starting this year.
No gluten-free crackers for you if you’re Catholic.
The IOC has picked LA and Paris for the 2024 or 2028 Summer Games, but do we really need to spend that kind of money? Look at RIO — they’re not doing so hot.
Also, part 1 of a 4 part interview series with my friend, Samuel Lewis, on what being Christian in Kentucky means to him, his podcasting efforts and how he reconciles some of the more odd items and stories in the good book.
Musical Credits: [Whatdafunk, Rock Intro 4, Rock Steady, Bounce] by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license Artist: Audionautix
Support us at https://donovanshow.com/support
Special Guest: Samuel “Sam” Lewis.
- ‘Bombshell’ climate-change study could totally dismantle the claim humans are causing global warming – TheBlaze — A new peer-reviewed study by scientists and a statistician claims to reveal that “nearly all” of the warming shown in current temperature datasets from NASA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and the Met Office in the United Kingdom are the result of adjustments made to the datasets after temperatures were recorded, calling into question just how much warming is real and how much is pure fantasy.
- IRS shuts down mom and pop dressmaker, sells dresses within hours | Crime | Dallas News — Hours later, Mii’s Bridal & Tuxedo was out of business after serving customers for decades. Its entire inventory of wedding gowns and dresses as well as sewing machines and other equipment were sold at auction.
- Vatican Says All-Powerful God Can’t Transform Into Gluten-Free Crackers — The Catholic Church believes Jesus can do anything in the world, including turn himself into a literal cracker… unless it is made of gluten-free bread.
- Fake Facebook message warns users not to accept Jayden K Smith hacker – ThatsNonsense.com — A fake Facebook warning is urging users to avoid accepting a friend request from a user named Jayden K Smith because he is a hacker. Longer versions of this hoax claim accepting the user will result in your account getting hacked.
- Microsoft wants all of rural America to get high-speed broadband | Ars Technica — Microsoft wants to connect two million rural Americans to high-speed wireless broadband by 2022, and it will get started with 12 pilot projects over the next year. The company is also offering free access to its intellectual property to help the rest of rural America get connected.
- IOC to pick Los Angeles, Paris for 2024 or 2028 Olympics – ABC News — Finally, Los Angeles and Paris have their Olympic hosting destiny in their own hands.If they can agree who goes first, each city will be awarded either the 2024 or 2028 Summer Games in September.
International Olympic Committee members voted unanimously on Tuesday to seek a consensus three-way deal between the two bid cities and the IOC executive board. Talks will open with Paris widely seen as the favorite for 2024.
- Rio Olympics: Are problems and $12 billion cost worth hosting the games? – CBS News — The official cost estimate of the Rio Olympics is $12 billion, but many experts say it could eventually top $20 billion. At the same time, Rio has cut spending on health care and education, the police have gone unpaid for weeks at a time, and at least 20 percent of the population here lives in favelas.
- ‘Howdy, I’m the Sheriff’ Emoji Memes: How to Make — There’s a new sheriff in internet town. A meme sheriff, if you will. He’s got a cowboy hat, a set of boots, and a body made of emoji. And he means business.