Recorded with the accompaniment of a crop duster in the background! 🙂
So there was an eclipse, the first total solar eclipse in the United States since 1979 (when Donovan was in Elementary School). Donovan found it a bit underwhelming and a little “sickening”. Listen to find out what that means. The eclipse celebration did have some positive aspects, such as Bonnie Tyler’s song “Total Eclipse of the Heart” making it to #1 on iTunes for the day. Also, some religious zealots were pretty sure the Devil had a hand in the eclipse because, you know, fuck science and all.
Game of Thrones is kicking ass and there’s controversy — but over Jon Snow’s height? Yeah…that’s a thing.
So much for that unlimited plan you may have with Verizon. They did a bait-n-switch on everyone and are now placing limits on everyone in regards to streaming video quality. Who said we don’t need Net Neutrality rules?
Remember when your parents said you were wasting your life away playing video games? Yeah, well, it’s a sport now, a very lucrative one.
Periods. Women have them and men run from them. And, apparently, you can be fired for having them. More on this story in the show.
Musical Credits: [Whatdafunk, Rock Intro 4, Rock Steady, Bounce] by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license Artist: Audionautix
Support us at https://www.patreon.com/adkisson
- Eclipse: Who? What? Where? When? and How? | Total Solar Eclipse 2017 — On Monday, August 21, 2017, all of North America will be treated to an eclipse of the sun. Anyone within the path of totality can see one of nature’s most awe-inspiring sights – a total solar eclipse. This path, where the moon will completely cover the sun and the sun’s tenuous atmosphere – the corona – can be seen, will stretch from Lincoln Beach, Oregon to Charleston, South Carolina. Observers outside this path will still see a partial solar eclipse where the moon covers part of the sun’s disk.
- Kit Harington’s Height: Best Jon Snow Jokes on Game of Thrones | Time.com — Game of Thrones creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss keep dropping jokes about Jon Snow’s height into the script. At least twice this season, characters have commented on the King in the North’s small stature. The running bit is likely a response to the internet’s obsession with actor Kit Harington’s height.
- Average Male Height By Country | Average Height for men — According to the table below, the tallest men on average are from the Netherlands, standing at 6ft (1.83m) tall. The shortest men are from Indonesia, standing at 5ft 2in (1.58m). You can sort the average height for each country in ascending or descending order. Simply, click on the heading of any of the columns or use the search field to find the country or height of your choice.
- Why did Verizon kill the Unlimited plan that everyone loved? – BGR — For the last six months, Verizon was doing well. It introduced an excellent Unlimited data plan with minimal restrictions and an affordable price, and subscribers fell over themselves to sign up.Well, that’s all out the window. This morning, Verizon made some significant changes to its Unlimited plan that makes it more expensive and worse, and it’s started throttling all smartphone video — on any plan, regardless of price — to 720p.
- Looking for a co-host — I’m looking for a co-host. I know the name of the show is The Donovan Radio Show, but I really do get tired of doing this by myself, ya know? I want to have conversations and that’s pretty damn difficult when you’re the only one you can converse with. So, if you’re interested, let me know. Expectations? Let’s discuss. 🙂
- Esports: Why YOU need to follow the craze | Daily Mail Online — It may seem hard to believe but there are now teenagers around the globe who play video games for a living. Many drop out of school and move halfway across the globe to live with their teammates and compete in tournaments in front of sold out arenas with potentially millions of pounds on the line.
- Georgia Woman Claims She Was Fired Because Of Her Period | HuffPost — In 2016, Alisha Coleman was fired from her job as a 911 call taker after working at the center for nearly a decade. Now, with the help of the ACLU, Coleman is suing her former employer for unlawful workplace discrimination, claiming she was fired for having two heavy period leaks while she was at work.